What is Oaka Group
The venues within Oaka Group blend a passion of Far Eastern food with the innovation of the real ale revolution in a friendly environment.
What we stand for
A great time through products, customer service and the creative venues that deliver a memorable experience.
Latest News Read More...
Oakham Ales’ Citra has once again been awarded as a Champion Beer of Britain at the one and only Great British Beer Festival 2014. Apart from being awarded a silver title of the overall Champion Beer of Britain 2014, Citra is also the class winner for Golden Ales.
Oaka at The Mansion House is thrilled to be included in the week-long (from 9th to 16th August 2014), city-wide London Beer City Festival, which celebrates London’s beer renaissance.
The creator and co-ordinator of London Beer City is Will Hawkes, author of Craft Beer London and the current British Beer Writer of the Year. It is an entirely independent event, albeit one with the full support of the London Brewers’ Alliance, the umbrella organisation for London’s brewers.
Being part of this exciting festival, Oaka at The Mansion House will be serving a range of London beers alongside the magnificent Oakham Ales range throughout the week-long celebration.
Almost 2 months into the New Year and Oaka London would like to introduce a new member to the team.
Here’s a quick Q & A …
1. What’s your name? Darren Moore
2. How old are you? 37
3. Where are you from and how did you get here? The Shire, Bournemouth – London
4. What brings to London? Moved here 10 years ago and never left
5. What’s your favourite food? Fish
6. What do you do in your spare time? Photography, reading, music & going for walks.
7. What book are you currently reading? Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
8. What’s your favourite place to walk in London? Whitechapel
9. Favourite club? Dance Tunnel in Dalston
10. Favourite Pub? Square & Compass in Dorset
11. Music? Bob Dylan
12. DJs? Trevor Jackson, Andrew Weatherall, Ivan Smagghe, Dan Avery, Geek Chic Soundsystem/SPEC & Gerd Janson
13. Favourite quote? Oscar Wilde — ‘We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.’
14. What’s your favourite Oakham Ales beer? Green Devil/Dolphin Dance depending on the time of the day.
15. Apart form Oakham Ales, what do you drink? Sierra Navada from America or Einstock from Iceland.
16. Who is your role model? Alan Yau
17. Documentary? At the moment its Jiro Dreams of Sushi
18. Colour? Blue
19. What did you eat yesterday? For lunch – civeche, steak, cassava. Dinner – snails, frogs legs
20. Essentials for the job? Spare liver, pen, Blackberry