What is Oaka Group
The venues within Oaka Group blend a passion of Far Eastern food with the innovation of the real ale revolution in a friendly environment.
What we stand for
A great time through products, customer service and the creative venues that deliver a memorable experience.
Latest News Read More...
Almost 2 months into the New Year and Oaka London would like to introduce a new member to the team.
Here’s a quick Q & A …
1. What’s your name? Darren Moore
2. How old are you? 37
3. Where are you from and how did you get here? The Shire, Bournemouth – London
4. What brings to London? Moved here 10 years ago and never left
5. What’s your favourite food? Fish
6. What do you do in your spare time? Photography, reading, music & going for walks.
7. What book are you currently reading? Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
8. What’s your favourite place to walk in London? Whitechapel
9. Favourite club? Dance Tunnel in Dalston
10. Favourite Pub? Square & Compass in Dorset
11. Music? Bob Dylan
12. DJs? Trevor Jackson, Andrew Weatherall, Ivan Smagghe, Dan Avery, Geek Chic Soundsystem/SPEC & Gerd Janson
13. Favourite quote? Oscar Wilde — ‘We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.’
14. What’s your favourite Oakham Ales beer? Green Devil/Dolphin Dance depending on the time of the day.
15. Apart form Oakham Ales, what do you drink? Sierra Navada from America or Einstock from Iceland.
16. Who is your role model? Alan Yau
17. Documentary? At the moment its Jiro Dreams of Sushi
18. Colour? Blue
19. What did you eat yesterday? For lunch – civeche, steak, cassava. Dinner – snails, frogs legs
20. Essentials for the job? Spare liver, pen, Blackberry
Yes.. That is right, we are already putting an offer up for you not to feel too bad that Christmas is almost over. In January Read More
Charters has so much character, it is a unique experience. Sometimes I forget it’s a barge! It’s like a family, and we welcome anyone, all shapes and sizes. The Staff and the regulars are what makes this place. This is where I started my love for Real Ale, 15 years ago. It’s like a beer festival all year round with its 12 ales on tap. I was introduced to Thai Read More